Sunday, March 22, 2009

Love Your Neighbor

It's been an interesting week, capped by a wonderful message at church today. the Men's retreat at Sunriver was good. The topic was 2 Peter, and God used me to reach out to an old friend in a time of need. That was cool. The scripture given on Friday nights session was the very scripture needed in a phone call later that evening. It was nice being open and vulnerable.

I had hoped to be able to post during the retreat, but couldn't get a good enough internet connection on my iPhone. Oh well.

Tonight at church Jose Zayas spoke on one of my life scriptures, Luke 10:25-37, The Great Command and the story of the Good Samaritan. He spoke on how our technology has hampered our abiity to communicate with others.

He looked at Jesus command to love our neighbor, and at the parable. The Priest and Levite were too distracted and self-important to be bothered with the wounded man, but the Samaritan took time out of his busy day to not only help, but get involved in his life.

God is after our heart, not our knowledge of Him. He wants us to be dependant upon Him and to use us to touch others.

This tied back in to how God used me over the weekend in Sunriver was encouraging.

With SendOutCards I am finding a wonderful vehicle to allow God to use me to touch others. I see it as more of a ministry than FDI, or even my mortgage biz. Hopefully it will also become a revenue source, but that's becomong less of an issue.

My desire is to wake up each morning and ask God for a prompting on who I should send a card to. I'm even now getting a prompting to send a card to President Obama. Who knows...

Lord, thank you for reopening my eyes to the heart of Luke 10:27-37. I acknowledge that I am far from truly walking in this and ask you to change my heart and desires to truly love my neighbor as myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment